Tuscan Recipes - No.1 Bruschetta al Pomodoro
- 8 chopped ripe roma (plum) tomatoes
- 5 leaves of chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf of Italian-style (or French) bread, cut into diagonal slices
1. Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. If necessary use more olive oil to coat the entire mixture. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes for all the flavours to blend.
2. In the meantime, preheat the broiler pan. Arrange the slices of bread in a single layer on a baking sheet, then brown both sides slightly in the oven. Remove the slices from the oven.
3. Spread the tomato mixture on the still warm toasted bread slices and serve.
www.accademiafirenze.net - Luxury Italian Cashmere, Bedding & Bath Linen