Tuscan Recipes - No.21 Tiramisù
Serves : 8
· 500g of mascarpone
· 6 eggs, separated
· 30 lady fingers
· 350ml of espresso coffee, cooled
· 3 tablespoons of sugar
· 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
· 50ml of cognac or brandy
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks. Beat well until the mixture is light and creamy. Add the mascarpone and half of the cognac or brandy, and beat well.
- With clean utensils, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the beaten egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Pour espresso into a shallow dish along with the remaining cognac and 1 teaspoon of the cocoa powder. Stir well. Quickly dip each lady finger in the espresso mixture, working one at a time, and line the bottom of a glass dish, approximately 20cm round or square.
- Once the bottom of the dish is covered in an even layer of espresso-soaked lady fingers, top with ½ of the mascarpone mixture. Dust with ½ of the cocoa. Repeat with another lady finger layer, then finally the remaining mascarpone and a final dusting of cocoa powder.
- Chill in the fridge for about 4 hours, then serve.
www.amancara.com - Luxury Italian Cashmere, Bedding & Bath Linen