Tuscan Recipes - No.19 Tiramisù alle Fragole
- 500-600g of strawberries
- 500g of mascarpone
- 4 eggs
- 7 tbsps of sugar
- 200-250g of Pavesini biscuits
- Wash the strawberries. Remove stalks and cut into small pieces. Put them in a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Let the strawberries rest in the fridge for about an hour or more, until juice is released (the more you wait, the more juice you have).
- Separate egg yolks from whites. In a bowl combine egg yolks and 5 tablespoons of sugar. Stir in mascarpone and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they’re stiff and resemble whipped cream. Stir the whites into the mascarpone mixture, and mix well.
- Mash the strawberries into a puree with a food processor. In a large and high-rimmed dish spread a thin layer of mascarpone cream. Soak the Pavesini biscuits one at a time into the strawberry puree and form a layer of biscuits over the first mascarpone layer. Spread a thick layer of mascarpone and again a layer of puree-soaked biscuits. Finish with a last thick layer of mascarpone. At the end of preparation, you should have five alternating layers: three layers of mascarpone and two layers of puree-soaked biscuits.
- Keep refrigerated for at least an hour or two before serving.
www.amancara.com - Luxury Italian Cashmere, Bedding & Bath Linen