Tuscan Recipes - No.8 Schiacciata Fiorentina
Schiacciata Fiorentina - Orangy Florentine Easter Cake
- 250g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (or 50g lard)
- 1 cup milk
- grated orange peel from 1 orange
- ½ tsp saffron powder
- 90g sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- powdered sugar to decorate
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients and beat thoroughly until the batter is smooth and thick with no lumps.
- Grease a shallow rectangular baking pan and pour in the batter (the schiacciata should be about 2 cm high). Bake at 150°c for 30 minutes. Sprinkle plenty of powdered sugar on top of the cake.
www.amancara.com - Luxury Italian Cashmere, Bedding & Bath Linen